Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Parker's 6 month (and 7 month) catch up

Well, I can't believe that Parker is now 7 months old!!! Where has the time gone?!?! I just remember not to long ago thinking that I would never sleep more than 2 hours at a time and all I did was feed a little baby all the time!! Now, he is getting more and more active and entertaining--getting a personality and just melting his parents hearts when he laughs and smiles!! Since I didn't post a 6 month post--this will be a combo 6/7 month recap! :)

Here are Parker's stats from his 6 month check-up: He weighs 17 pounds and is in the 41%, he is 29.25 inches long and in the 99%!!!!!! (oh my goodness) and his head circumfernce is 17.32 inches and in the 55%. He is a growing boy!! Everything was great at his well-child check up and according to the doctor "is just perfect and one of the cutest babies ever!!" and that is a direct quote!! :)

We started baby food this month and he loves his fruits and veggies--esp the fruits! Started to introduce the sippy cup and it's a hit or miss with actually drinking from it and not using it as a drum, teether or something fun to drop! ;) So now along with breast-feeding 4 times a day, we are a big boy and eat in the highchair for breakfast (cereal with fruit), lunch and dinner (veggie and fruit)! So our day is jam packed with eating and playing and trying to take naps!

Parker has started saying more and more sounds like da-da, ba-ba and mmma--of course, not really referring to anything/anyone in particular but still fun!! He definitely has taken to his mommy but he lights up when Bruce gets home and he loves to sit in his lap and help him on the computer! :) He is sitting up all by himself now, army crawling/rolling all over the place and puts everything in his mouth! He is starting to wave bye-bye (but also hit-or-miss) and pulling up on somethings but mainly staying on his knees when he does(this has only been 2 times, but I am starting to get a glimpse of the future--oh my goodness!!) He loves to read books, play in his jump-jump and exersaucer, roll all over the floor and get sung too! His favorites are the itsy-bitsy spider and patty-cake (and you must do the motions!!) hehe :)

He is sleeping 12 to 12.5 hours at night, thank the Lord because naps are a different story!! You would think as much as his mom loves to sleep that Parker would too, but that is definitely NOT the case!! This has been a battle for both of us and I pray everyday that the Lord would give me wisdom and patience. It all started when Parker got his first ear infection and was congested and of course, I let him sleep in my arms. Well, that is all it took--now, he only wants to take his naps in your arms, which is sweet until you realize that you can't get anything done and you don't want it to get to the point that your 3 year old takes his naps in your arms!! So, we work at taking naps in his crib everyday and some days we are successful and other days--not so much. So hopefully, Parker will get it and I won't lose my mind!! :)

Okay, I know this has been a long one--but enjoy the pictures!! Some are from Florence when Parker and I drove down and surprised Mom and Jamie with a visit for a few days and others are just around the house!




Wearing some of Uncle Derrick's hats :)

Very happy grandparents that we surprised them with a visit


Parker watching his very first Baby Einstein DVD!



One day after work I put my scrub hat on Parker for some fun!! :)

Parker still LOVES bath time

This is where I found Parker--he had rolled over and was playing under the ottaman

Peek-a-boo Maggie

1 comment:

  1. I love all the new posts! Parker is adorable! I don't want them to grow up fast but I also can't wait for Luke and Madison to play with Parker!

    ReplyDelete